Join the Accushield Volunteer Network
Often referred to as the “backbone” of the healthcare industry, volunteers play a vital role in healthcare by providing much-needed support to residents and staff.
The social connectedness created during a volunteer visit not only promotes the quality of life for residents but also reduces the risk of social isolation, depression, and mental decline. In essence, your time as a volunteer is powerful.
What to Expect as a Volunteer
After submitting your volunteer interest form, you’ll receive an email from Accushield to register for an online webinar. During the webinar, you’ll learn more about the network, what to expect, and get the chance to ask questions. After the webinar concludes you’ll be officially added to the Accushield Volunteer Network!
How to Make the Most of Your Volunteerism
Volunteering in senior living and skilled nursing communities can be a rewarding experience. You can make a real difference in the lives of residents and help them to live their lives to the fullest.
Here are some additional tips for volunteering in senior living and skilled nursing communities:
- Be flexible with your time. skilled nursing and senior living communities may need you to volunteer at different times of the day or week.
- Be willing to get involved. There are many different ways to volunteer, so find something that you are passionate about.
- Be respectful of the residents and mindful that you are volunteering for a vulnerable population.
- Be positive. Your attitude can make a big difference in the lives of the residents.
- Leave all resident care needs to facility staff.
- Follow all facility policies and protocols.
- Always communicate concerns, feedback, or other needs to facility leadership.
How The Accushield Volunteer Network Works
Accushield’s Volunteer Network consists of individuals seeking volunteer opportunities in skilled nursing and senior living communities. Accushield customers with access to Volunteer Management may contact individuals within the volunteer network to coordinate volunteer needs. Volunteer profiles help providers match volunteers with residents based on shared interests, where applicable.